Tuesday 28 February 2012

THE SIN HANGOVER ****BY MSYENCKOPOWA

                                       
Lately I’ve been extremely crtical of my shortcomings. I often dissect every comment I make, and replay every deep conversation I have. All to ask “was that Christ-like? Did I sin?”… As believers we have a standard to meet, and that standard is perfection. To be like Christ is to be perfect and holy. Yet, I seldom forget that despite my attempts to attain perfection, my flesh is constantly at war with my spirit, often times ending in a shortcoming.

Yes, I said it, sometimes I make mistakes and find myself grappling with sins that I should easily be able to rise above. So after the sin is committed, I sit reassesing, repenting, and heavy with guilt. Sometimes I stay in my head for so long, that I consider myself unworthy and a waste of time. The reality is, as sinners we are covered by grace and we cannot dwell on our sins, and allow the enemy to let us wallow in shame and guilt. Instead, we should ask for repentence, seek God’s aide, and never do it again.

With guilt and shame, we never give ourselves the opportunity to forgive our own shortcomings. They reality is, if you cannot forgive yourself, how do you expect others to forgive you?
So as I dwelled in my “sin hangover” feeling sick to my stomach at myself, I remembered Romans 3:23 “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”

And that’s it… The bible didn’t just say some have sinned and fallen short, but ALL. Including you, me, and your neighbor too.
So please, shake out of your sin hangover and flow into a full recovery of grace.
Over&Out!
-Msyenckopowa

No comments:

Post a Comment